In a few weeks, I'm giving a faculty development session on blogging for professors in a graduate leadership program. Then about six weeks after that, I'm doing another program for a professional audience on "the art of blogging." Any reader-blogger-teachers/professors here? If yes, then, please lend a hand. All responses will be acknowledged with attribution unless you want to remain anonymous, similar to what I did with the "Blogging for Creative Writers" course earlier this year (thanks again to all 35 bloggers who responded to that call).
- How does blogging aid your courses?
- Do you only blog about the pedagogy or do you also indulge in other areas of self-expression?
- What, if any, topics do you regard as off-topic/out-of-bounds?
- Has anything particularly (choose your adjective) funny/scary/ridiculous/inspiring resulted from your blogging?
- What pointers do you have for your colleagues just beginning to blog?